Saturday, January 11, 2003

Breaking Wind



Was in a cab when the driver broke wind silently… unless it was me unmindfully! Just as silently, I rolled down my window a little to discreetly let the stench out. I wasn’t sure if he knew I did that. But it doesn’t matter. I can understand the need to, yup, fart, suddenly- what’s more is that it would be somewhat strange to pull over and step out for a moment on the highway just to break wind! And I can understand if he was too embarrassed to apologise- so he behaved as if nothing happened. These things sometimes happen “unwittingly” in the sense that we might not think it would smell at all when we let out just a little gas!

What is the moral of this incident? Well, kindness can sometimes be expressed silently. I did not blame him for the "accident" and he was probably glad for that. I was being kind both to him and myself- I let him “off” and I let myself “off” by letting the air out. Sometimes there is just absolutely no need for words. JoinMailingList4LatestUpdates/Reply

No comments:

Hopefully Somewhat Enlightening & Entertaining Thoughts... Stuff discovered on the path to the natural unshakable peacefulness of a stone...