Saturday, January 11, 2003

Double-Ended, Double Started



Was eating sweets from a stick of Mentos on and off when I reached the last sweet in the paper tube. For a few seconds, I found myself struggling to squeeze it out of the tube- as there was no "leverage", with it being the last sweet. Then I realised my foolishness in clinging to the illusion that there is a proper one-way "exit" for the sweet. Why did I have to see the sweet as being the last in the tube? I turned it around and voila! It had become the first sweet. I only had to give it a slight push, with the "leverage" of the tubing, to pop it out! Sometimes, things are not single-ended but double, especially when things like front and back, left and right, and up and down are relative truths. When "stuck" in a situation, reverse the situation by seeing a close-ended situation as an open-ended one- think out of the box. In fact, the box is usually an illlusion- there might be none at all!JoinMailingList4LatestUpdates/Reply

No comments:

Hopefully Somewhat Enlightening & Entertaining Thoughts... Stuff discovered on the path to the natural unshakable peacefulness of a stone...